Saturday, May 16, 2009

The NEW Star Trek Movie!

Yay! It took over a week (hey, I've been busy!), but I finally got out to see the new Star Trek movie!

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE, PLEASE STOP READING NOW! DON'T EVEN READ THE REST OF THIS SEN....

Are they gone? Okay....Wow! What plot twists! I was dizzy trying to keep up. Possibly I was dizzy from the $4 soda machine in the lobby, but mostly I'm sure I was dizzy trying to keep up with the plot twists. We all know that Spock was played by Spock, but he was also played by another actor...AT THE SAME TIME! Mind boggling. I kept waiting for him to rip off the top of someone's head and steal their power, but that didn't happen until the very, very end of the movie.

The background they gave on the characters we've all come to know and love was amazing. How Sulu managed to overcome an addiction to marijuana and white castles to become a valued member of star fleet. How Chekov overcame a speech impediment, and that Uhura actually had a brain...something that never came up in the original episodes.

And who would have thought Scotty was gay? The original series never hinted about it, but it did make for interesting interactions with crew members of alien races...and difficult gender identification. It made for excellent comic relief, and some of the best pick-up lines I've heard in years.

The worst part of the movie for me was Winona Ryder as Spock's mother. Let's face it, folks...if Winona Ryder is old enough to be playing mother roles, it's time for me to just crawl in a hole and die.

All in all I was entertained, and I will go see the next one. We all know there's going to be a next one.

The entire time I've been typing this I was holding a baby hedgehog. Are you jealous? You should be, she's adorable. :) I thought of a brilliant name for her earlier, but have since forgotten it. I guess I really am at the 'crawl in a hole and die' phase. *sigh* Perhaps I'll think of it again, and allow myself to live.

Since this blog is suppose to be self promoting...buy my stuff!

And....please admire my cute little hedgie. :)



Night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment